Moon Cycle: A Creative Movement Exploration for Women
Live Event – Four Week Program
Moon Cycle is a four-week dance exploration led by Eloise Wood, creative and co-founder of WildHoney. This offering is designed to awaken creativity and wonderment, allowing participants time to connect and explore each phase of the moon through movement and self-expression.
Here’s what you can expect from this experience:
- Duration: Four weeks
- Participant Fee:
Subscribers $288 full term + ticket fee
General admission: $360 full term + ticket fee
- Book Tickets via link below
Tickets go on sale September 15
- Sunday, October 15: New Moon, 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- Sunday, October 22: Waxing Crescent (First Quarter), 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- Sunday, October 29: Full Moon (7:24 am) and Partial Lunar Eclipse (6:17 am), 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- Sunday, November 5: Waning Gibbous (Third Quarter), 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- Venue: Barwon Downs Hall and Outdoors (weather permitting)
- Maximum Participants: 12
- Dance Experience: Open to people of all ages and dance backgrounds, from beginners to experienced dancers
- Moon Phases: This program focuses on tracking the moon during a lunar or synoptic month, allowing participants to fully immerse in the energy and depth of each stage, including New Moon, Waxing Crescent, Waxing Gibbous, First Quarter, Full Moon, Waning Gibbous, Third Quarter, and Waning Crescent.
- Techniques: Participants engage in various techniques such as creative movement, costume play, props, collaborative choreography, and non-verbal physical theatre.
- Journey Through Creative Arts: Explore dance, music, and self-expression.
- Connection with Nature: Be danced by celestial bodies, and deepen a connection with the natural world. This approach encourages a profound connection to the lunar cycle and its influence on creativity.
Inclusivity: Moon Cycle welcomes women, those identifying as women, and individuals of all ages and dance backgrounds.
Facilitator: Eloise Wood, founder of WildHoney, will be leading the program. Participants can expect a supportive and immersive experience.
Special Event: The third session falls on a Full Moon and Partial Lunar Eclipse, adding an extra layer of significance and magic to the exploration.
September 15 – October 5th
*please note a minimum of 8 participants needed for this event to go ahead.